Fritidsgården in Bergen: Used is the best shop
The company is located on a farm, surrounded by green meadows and tall forest. Fritidsgården is therefore a very precise name for a company that sells leisure time on two or more wheels.
The business concept of the company also stands out from most people in the caravan industry. People who are going to sell a used caravan or motorhome leave to the company to dispose of the cases. The challenge for Fritidsgården is to secure the best possible retail price based on what potential buyers in trading mode are willing to pay for the right carriage. An agreed percentage of the price achieved ensures the firm's profit, but this premium must also cover
Recreation center expenses.
- "We do all the work for the sellers. People avoid spending on advertising, appraisal, price negotiations, and are being saved for all the phones and possibly discomfort with a buyer who is not satisfied, ”- says daily Steffen Skår to Bobil and Caravan Magazine.
- How thoroughly is the individual car or carriage checked?
- "The owners must complete a comprehensive self-declaration, and in addition, our people conduct another check. In our program, it is in everyone's interest that this is done as thoroughly and correctly as possible, but complaints can come, there is a risk we must take. We can also offer the buyers an external guarantee, ”- explains sales manager Tom Skår.
Growing and growing
Fritidsgården has also become a regional dealer for Solifer, which together with Polar constitutes the portfolio of brand new. The used still amounts to approx. 80 percent of the total turnover passed 38,8 million around XNUM. August 1. It is 2018 million more than sales in all 2. Last year the company sold out in the country in Åsane 2017 units and of the 92 cars. - «Solifer contacted us during a period when we were looking for good vacant agencies, and we have secured a sales area that extends from Haugesund to Ålesund. We have set high targets for Solifer ”, says the sales manager. He and Tom know what such a statement entails since both of them have a long period of time from the sale of boat and car.
We do not offend the hosts when we say that the Fritidsgården runs in quiet locations close to E39. A beaded of white motorhomes, carts and wading pennants signal to all passers-by what is being sold from the well-stocked farm. The old barn houses both office, shop and necessary technical rooms. Outside it is also advertised for inflatable kayaks and bathing boats of the more solid kind.
- "We can have a lot to sell at any time without tying up capital because we are so well established to sell used for our customers. It also ensures us a good financial foundation to grow on, ”- explains the general manager.
Winter storage smart
The advertising pages in the Bergen newspapers and simple web searches quickly reveal that many have been selling leisure time on wheels in the rock area, but the Leisure Garden intends to expand further. Some of the growth over the next few years will be harvested at Radøy north of Bergen. Here, Fritidsgården has bought a former industrial plant. The workshop hall will be rented out for winter storage of cars, wagons and boats. Fritidsgården's people have good experience with the sale of used with and without motor, and believe it can give positive effects on the used price to be able to say that the car or wagon has been the winter store indoors. - "These are top premises for our purpose, and here we can offer service on carriages and the living area of the cars. It will be ideal for customers to get fitted accessories during the winter months. We do not, however, add up to EU control and similar workshop services. In our opinion, they are best taken care of by those we work with, ”- Tom says.
Tom is also responsible for another of the company's sources of income. The leisure farm started with rental in 2017, and the stable consists of five cars and three wagons, all brand new. This has been a busy store in the Norwegian record summer. Friday to Friday costs just about NOK 12 for car and barely half for a holiday week in car. A sign at the driveway contains a web address that signals an online store in the yard. - This is dimmed for a little activity. It requires a lot in many fields to build up a profitable online store. We want to put in the resources to sell more wagons and cars, the experienced sales people believe. The results indicate that the road selection is correct. In the actual shop on the farm in Åsane, the product range is rather modest when we compare with what competitors in the industry can entice, but the most important thing is there.
- How long will the tree in the industry last?
- «We will have a controlled growth here in the company built on a solid financial foundation. The majority of our motorhome buyers are the 60 + group. These are people with an orderly economy and they are able to service any loan. The service capacity is enormous in Norway. We also know that much used eventually needs to be replaced. And for us it is fun to find that old customers regularly come back, ask us to sell one car, because then in the same race buy another used which is even more ideal for their purpose, says the sales manager who, like the general manager, believes that the camping people is a nice bunch to buy expensive things with. ”- says Tom Skår in Fritidsgården
Get news straight to your home
Articles from NBCC will first be available here on campingportalen.no a while after the member magazine is distributed. Member magazine and a range of other benefits, you can easily make yourself by becoming a member of the largest and oldest organization for you camper or caravan.
Join the Norwegian Motorhome and Caravan Club too!